To be completely honest, I was not a smoothie fan because I was very picky. I used to dislike bananas a lot but now that has changed. I still do not like eating bananas alone but I can eat them when they are mixed with something else. So now, I use bananas as a natural sweetener in my favourite smoothie recipe that I will share with you today. Below is my Berry Smoothie Recipe. Enjoy!
You Will Need
- A blender
- Two spoons
- Two small glasses
- A banana
- Greek Yogurt (Substitute: Vegan Yogurt)
- Happy Planet Juice or Milk of your choice
- Protein Powder
- Collagen Powder
- Greens Powder
- Two small glasses of Ice
- Slice one Banana, Slice four strawberries, Wash a handful of blueberries, wash 4-6 raspberries and add them to the blender
- Scoop and add 2 1/2 dollops of Greek yogurt and add a couple splashes of the Happy Planet Juice (I am using the Mango and Passion Fruit juice).
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of protein powder, a teaspoon of collagen, and 1 ½ teaspoons of green powder.
- Finally add two small glasses of ice and blend.
That is all for my smoothie recipe and I hope you love it. I wanted to add greens to the smoothie without adding vegetables to it and doing so gave me the nutrients without having to taste the vegetables. The collagen was a great addition to the smoothie as well because it helps to keep your skin healthy and aides in nail growth. Protein powder is also a good addition. According to Medical News Today protein powder aides in repairing tissue, producing enzymes, hormones and building muscle.
Thanks again for reading today’s blog post. I have been absent for quite some time now and I am feeling much better. I am excited to share my content with all of you and I am working hard everyday to improve the quality of my content. Please do not forget to subscribe to this blog as well as add/follow me on my other social media platforms (they are linked below this post). See you guys next week.